Legal Options – Turning 18 – 844-292-1318 Arizona legal aid

12/17/14 Webinar
Raising Special Kids – Arizona

Learn the different legal options families can consider when their child becomes an adult at age 18. Become familiar with the steps of the guardianship process. Learn how to stay involved in decision-making with schools, doctors and other professionals.
Least Restrictive Environment, Supported Decision Making, Power of Attorney, Special Education Transfer of Rights, Adult Guardianship are all terms that families of children approaching the age of majority (18) are hearing. How do families balance protection and independence? What are families’ options while navigating this new territory of adult transition? This webinar will provide some information about the trajectory of least restrictive support for adult children with developmental disabilities and/or mental illness to most supportive meanwhile embracing the reality that each family’s choice is uniquely their own.

Presenters: Christopher Tiffany M.A. Ed. & Janna Murrell
Chris and Janna work for Raising Special Kids. Raising Special Kids is a comprehensive resource center, which includes being Arizona’s chapter of Family Voices, Arizona’s Family to Family Health Information Center through HRSA, Arizona’s Parent to Parent Organization and Arizona’s Parent Training and Information (PTI) Center . PTI Centers are established under Part D of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) under a grant from the United States Department of Education.

We believe that families are the best advocates for children and we provide mentoring, training, and information to support parents of children with the full range of disabilities from birth to age 26. Programs and services are offered at no charge to families, in Spanish and other languages, and throughout Arizona. Parent to Parent Support • 8 weeks of individual consultation and follow-up from someone who has “been there” Health Care Information • NICU Family Outreach • Children’s Rehabilitative Services • Early Intervention Programs • Division of Developmental Disabilities Special Education Information • Individual Consultations and IEP • Collaboration with Professionals • Dispute Resolution Transition to Adulthood • Graduation • Employment • Coordinating medical insurance, benefits, providers, and other services • Information on legal options, including guardianship Training & Workshops • A complete list of workshops may be found at

Legal Aid Seeks To Violate 1st Amendment.

In a last ditch effort to silent the “Bring Kayla Home” movement action has been taken by the Legal Aid Society Of Milwaukee, to silence the father of a Child who was sent to live with a known child abuser, who had abandoned her own child in 2012.
More details at

Pro Se Options in Missouri – 844-292-1318 Missouri legal aid

Pro Se Options in Missouri

This video prepared by Legal Aid of Western Missouri discusses how you can represent yourself in a divorce or custody action in Missouri. It also describes when it may be in your best interest to consult with an attorney.
Video Rating: / 5

Family Access Motions in Missouri

Please note: Not all Missouri counties allow a Family Access Motion to be filed if the original custody order was entered in a paternity/custody case. MO. Rev. Stat. § 452.400 only allows a Family Access Motion to be filed if a parent is violating a divorce order or legal separation order; therefore, some counties will deny a Family Access Motion if a parent is violating a custody order entered when the parents have never been married. You are advised to check with the court or an attorney in the county you wish to file your Family Access Motion before paying a filing fee. This video is prepared by Legal Aid of Western Missouri; it discusses Family Access Motions. In most cases, you may file a Family Access Motion if your rights to custody or visitation under a divorce decree or other custody order have been denied or interfered with by a parent without good cause. It describes how to complete the necessary form with the circuit court in your county and what will likely happen after you file.

Cheaper Options For Legal Help — Attorney Bites – 844-292-1318 Indiana legal aid

Indiana family law attorney Kimberly McCabe gives some tips on where to find cheap legal help if you are unable to afford an attorney during your divorce.

Kimberly McCabe’s Bio:

Preparing For An Initial Consultation: Part I:

Set up a Consultation.
Call: 1-866-DADS-LAW

Video Rating: / 5